HRPT/AHRPT System Features
- Automatic reception, archiving and processing of data from NOAA HRPT and Metop AHRPT polar-orbiting satellites.
- Optional additional modules and XRIT Ingester software to also allow GOES HRIT or GEO-KOMPSAT-2A (GK-2A) LRIT reception between satellite passes, or continuously with an optional dedicated antenna.
- Optional upgraded receiver to also allow FengYun-3 (FY-3) L-Band reception, plus GOES HRIT and GK-2A LRIT reception between satellite passes.
- Optional feed/LNB and module to allow DMSP reception.
- Will only require firmware and software updates to support LRD.
- Optional temperature monitoring with tracking lockout.
- Proven, robust, reliable hardware and software, with installations worldwide in all climates, temperatures and environments.
- Modular construction for easy maintenance and future upgrades.
- Comprehensive hardware and software diagnostics at all levels.
1.2m and radome-enclosed 1.5m antennas are available for fixed, land-based ground stations. The 1.5m marine antenna uses an active stabilisation system to compensate for the pitch, roll and yaw of a moving vessel at sea.
Both 1.5m antenna options provide a future upgrade path for X-Band EOS reception from Terra, Aqua, Suomi-NPP, JPSS and FY-3.
- Polar Orbiter Ingester – provides automatic satellite tracking, data ingesting, archiving and output.
- iDAP – provides a comprehensive range of image import, display, manipulation, processing and printing facilities.
- MacroPro – automates iDAP’s import and processing facilities.