iDAP/MacroPro Software Features
- Opens, displays, processes, prints and exports HRPT, AHRPT, DMSP, Terra, Aqua, Suomi NPP, JPSS, FY-3, LRIT and HRIT data.
- Multiple image, chart and animation windows.
- Fully networkable, with network licences available.
Input and output
- Importing, sub-sampling and exporting of HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP images (see Polar Orbiter Features).
- Automatic updating of open files with new data produced by ingest systems or MacroPro.
- Printing of user-defined areas of images and charts, with overlays.
- Exporting of LRIT and HRIT data to PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats, transformed to standard projections, with solar zenith and azimuth layers.
- Exporting of user-defined areas of images and charts to BMP, JPEG, PNG and TIFF formats, with overlays.
- Exporting of data (pixel, raw, calibrated and product values, latitudes and longitudes, and solar, nadir and phase angles) from user-defined areas of images in text and binary formats including CSV, Cinesat, SATAID, Autosat and GRIB.
Automatic import and processing (MacroPro)
- Background automatic image importer with multiple sources, filtering by satellite, file naming options and map overlays.
- Setup of macros to perform automatic processing on images each time new data is produced by ingest systems or imported.
- Automatic enhancement, masking, exporting, printing, saving, archiving, reprojection and product creation.
- Automatic animation with sub-sampling, adjustable maximum frames and overlaying of maps, grids and features if required.
- Detailed diagnostics with logging, alarms and storage monitoring.
Image viewing and manipulation
- Read-outs panel showing station and cursor positions, distance and bearing, solar angles, plane data types and raw, calibrated and product values.
- Pan/scroll and magnification/reduction modes.
- Cursor mode allowing a draggable persistent cursor to be placed on a point of interest on an image and static read-outs obtained.
- Profiler mode showing the distance, bearing and raw, calibrated and product value profiles along a line.
- Option to automatically centre on the current station position – ideal for mobile systems and moving vessels.
- Viewing of individual planes in multi-plane images.
- Multiple display support with tools for easy window arrangement.
- Histogram adaptive image enhancement facilities with variable profile, brightness, contrast and offset per plane.
- Enhancement settings can be saved as presets for quick recall.
- Sharpen, soften, edge enhancement and blur functions.
- High-quality animations with adjustable speed, looping, selection of range of frames to play and removal of unwanted frames.
- Acquisition time shown on frames, with configurable appearance.
- Time-synchronised playback of multiple animations.
Products and classifications
- Creation of products such as brightness temperature, SST (sea surface temperature), NDVI (vegetation index), NDSI (snow index), cloud height, cloud temperature and rainfall rate.
- Configurable scale (linear, logarithmic or classification), limits, decimal places and colours, with graduated blending option.
- CSV importing and exporting of palette colours and classification text labels.
- Comprehensive formula programming language with standard operators allowing access to pixel, raw and calibrated values, solar angles, latitude, longitude, nadir and inclination, plus utility functions for conversion, trigonometry and exponentiation.
- Palettes and formulæ can be saved as presets for quick recall.
- Palette key displayed in a floating window with formula pop-up.
Navigation and overlays
- Highly accurate navigation of polar orbiter images using an optimised and improved algorithm based on the SGP4 model.
- Map overlays and grid lines with configurable colours and styles.
- Station position marker with configurable symbol, colour, label and range rings.
- Creation of reusable vector feature overlays such as reference points, storm tracks and vessel voyage tracks, with configurable marker symbols, line styles, colours, labels and range rings.
- Each image can have its own specific series of feature overlays, or use a global default series.
- CSV importing and exporting of feature points.
- Importing of points and lines from Google Earth KML/KMZ files.
- Transformation of images to a comprehensive range of standard cartographic map projections, with slicing and masking.
- Configurable map parameters, resolution, size and overlays.
- Option to automatically re-centre the map on the current station position – ideal for mobile systems and moving vessels.
- Map parameters can be saved as presets for quick recall.
- Creation of mosaics composed of a number of different images.
Land and sea masking
- Creation of Blue Marble (cloud-free high-resolution satellite image) masks allowing full colour topology and bathymetry to be applied to dull, featureless or greyscale images.
- Creation of DEM (Digital Elevation Model) masks allowing a solid colour or graduations to be applied to land and/or sea areas.
- Variable slicing, opacity, blending and data set, with screen blending mode to extract cloud easily.